The City of Brookshire and the surrounding towns in Waller County (Fulshear, Katy, Monaville, Sealy, Simonton, and Wallis) all have charming historic buildings and retail that are worth a quick stop on any bike ride from Brookshire.
The following towns and sights are within 15-50 mile bike ride from Brookshire.
- Open 7 days a week year-round. Elevation: 155ft. The park is located on the Brazos River, near the old ferry site and a part of the Commercio Plaza de San Felipe, just a few miles from the site of the township of San Felipe, the seat of government of the Anglo-American colonies in Texas.
- Newman’s Castle & Bakery- Experience the old world charm of Newman’s Castle, a one-of-a-kind custom creation hidden just outside of town in the Bellville countryside. The castle features its own moat (watch out for gators!), massive working drawbridge, a 3000 lb. iron gate, a chapel, five 24 ft. tall corner turrets, a courtyard, and a central tower with a dramatic view of the surrounding lands. Tours which are 1.5 hrs long depart from the Newman’s Bakery in the heart of Bellville around 10:30am.
- Dewberry Farm- open in the Fall every year, this farm hosts pumpkin patches, corn mazes, amusements and town center.
- The Sweet Tooth Shoppe at the corner of FM359 and FM1093 in Fulshear. This location also has a bicycle supply vending machine with Gu, Hammer Gel, tubes, chains, parts, CO2 and parts in case you need anything on your ride. The Vending Machine is your 24 hour bike shop.
- Frazier’s Concrete Heaven – Drop into this concrete shop and view the amazing concrete ornamental castings, figurines and furniture if you are riding upto Hempstead. Pick up a souvenir and haul it back on the rest of your ride for a tougher workout. Take Highway 359 North from Brookshire to Hempstead and turn left on the old Highway 290 and visit the original Frazier’s location. Watch out for the serpents once you get near there.
- Colony Cellars Winery – set on 50 acres in the Katy Prairie. The vineyard offers free tastings and daily tours. Take Highway 359 North to the blinking yellow light in Monaville and turn East for 2 miles to the winery.
- BomberField USA – Bomber Field is an organization dedicated to the building and flying of all types and sizes of radio controlled aircraft. They have a 700ft x 50ft runway just for Remote Controlled Aircraft. Located jest west of the Highway 359 and Highway 1887 intersection in Monaville.
Wildflower and Texas Bluebonnet Rides
- Springtime in Waller County surrounding Brookshire is teaming with all the wildflower varieties popping up along the backcountry roads and along the state highways. Check the Texas local wildflower forecast for details on where to spot fields of colorful carpets of Bluebonnets, Indian Paintbrush, Buttercups and more around Brookshire.